At Northside Christian College we have pursued a number of strategies to reduce our environmental impact and help make our students more environmentally responsible citizens.
- The installation of water tanks to harvest water.
- A paper collection and Recycling program.
- Moving to electronic publication of the School Newsletter.
- A 10KW solar panel power generation system.
- A Rubbish Free Lunch program has been implemented in the Primary school to reduce waste.
- Vegetable garden and chicken pen.
- Water Testing at Norris Bank Park and Darebin Creek.
- Green Team at CERES.
- Our Secondary students are also involved in a number of dynamic projects, including the development of an electrically powered car.